AC Advice, Air Conditioning Services & Air Conditioning TipsLake Mary, FL, Windermere, FL, Winter Park, FL, Volusia, FL, Orlando, FL & Oviedo, FL
Lower Your Need For Air Conditioning in Orlando FL and surrounding areas
The expense of running the air conditioner is always a concern in Orlando FL and surrounding areas. At Ferran Services, we focus on opportunities to trim operating and ownership costs without sacrificing comfort. Through our years of service, we’ve picked up tips that make a significant difference without a lot of effort. Our hope is to help you enjoy a cooler summer while minimizing impact on your wallet and our environment.
Contact us today for more information on how you can limit your need for Air Conditioning
If you have any questions or require service, never hesitate to reach out to Ferran Services at 407-422-3551. You’ll always speak to a live person and access knowledgeable support. We provide for new air conditioner installation, vital maintenance, repairs and 24/7 emergency assistance without overtime fees across Orlando, Volusia, Winter Park, Windermere, Oviedo & Lake Mary, FL.
Here are a few ways to keep your air conditioner running efficiently and reduce costs this summer:
- Thermostat upgrade: Consider the installation of a smart thermostat to simplify energy conservation when you’re away from home. Automatic adjustment to your schedule and remote access eliminates cooling an empty house to the perfect temperature.
- Thermostat location: You don’t want the thermostat positioned next to a window, vents or a heat-producing appliance such as a lamp. False readings can cause the air conditioner to run more often for no reason.
- Ceiling fans: Available in a wide range of styles, sizes and prices, ceiling fans are a worthwhile addition, making rooms feel cooler and allowing a four degree increase in the thermostat setting.
- Tighten up the house: An energy audit will pinpoint the source of drafts, leaks and areas where conditioned air can escape and outdoor air is coming in.
- Insulation: Inexpensive and effective, insulation enhances the efficiency, comfort and value of the home.
- Curtains and shades: Closing curtains, blinds or shades to prevent the sun from streaming through windows during the heat of the day reduces the workload of the air conditioner.
- Dryer and oven Appliances that increase indoor temperature should be avoided during the heat of the day if possible.
- Shade trees: Trees might take a while to grow but will gradually help to limit the amount of sunlight streaming through windows and help to keep the house cooler.
- Air conditioner maintenance: Proactive services from Ferran Services ensure peak efficiency from your cooling system, protect against repairs and extend service life.